It's pretty easy to think of more people to hate at a place that has such a wide variety of weirdos. Let's begin.
Smelly Guy
Everyone knows this guy. He's on the treadmill and he's barely walking, but he smells like [insert awful scent here]. I'm not sure if this is a hygiene malfunction (failed deodorant?) or a natural smell (curry?) for some, but it is not fun to be in close quarters with this one. I don't really have a lot to be clever about on this one, but I do know that I wish he would find a new gym.
New BFF Lady
This lady (sometimes multiple ladies) is in my group fitness class. I talked with her before class one day, and so now she thinks I want to talk to her all the time. I don't mind a little pre-workout socialization, but I do mind someone talking during class. It's distracting to me, and kind of annoying for the instructor as well.
Plus, she never has anything interesting to say. Yesterday, she walked over and told me how much she hated using resistance bands. Clearly, I do not care about her workout preferences. Maybe I should go back to being a gym hermit to avoid such confrontations.
Marching to His Own Drummer Guy
I hadn't actually noticed this guy until New BFF Lady pointed him out (in the middle of class, half-whispering), but now he really annoys me. He's a 50+ year old guy who comes to female dominated aerobics classes. He gets out all the same equipment that we do, but he never does the same exercises. I'm not sure if he thinks the class is too easy, or if he's trying to impress the ladies, but neither of these things are working out for him.
For example, if we're doing some cardio on the step, he might just start doing lunges or squats himself. If we're doing lunges, he'll do something else. I understand modifying the class, but I don't understand completely abandoning it. If it's so easy, maybe he should work out himself. If he's trying to impress women, maybe he should join Hair Club for Men. There are many solutions to make him less annoying. Maybe if BFF Lady is loud enough, he'll get the hint and stop coming to class.
Well, that's my gym rant for now; look for these celebrities or similar personalities at your own gym!
No comments:
Post a Comment